Sunday, January 25, 2009

State side training

I'm going to begin this off by saying, hopefully training goes better than my morning did. My morning was suppose to begin at 2:30 so that I could shower and make sure that I had everything. The alarm went off it was all good! Some how I thought I hit the snooze but I turned off the alarm...oops. I was woken when my cabbie called to make sure that I was coming down, it was now 3:30, the time that I had asked him to be at my place. I jumped out of bed and threw a few more things into the bag and prayed that I didn't forget anything vital. I quickly locked the door and ran down the hall with my bag. Jumped into the cab and off to the airport. All was well going from Ottawa to Detroit, we land in Detroit and I stop and have breakfast in an airport restutant with 30 mins to spare I wander over to the gate and then reach into my bag to get out the ticket and passport. Shit! Where's my passport!? I start rifling through my bag...what if it fell out on the plane or somehow fell out when I went to pay for the food. I don't have time to look for this right now but I need it. After what feels like an hour I find the passport in one of the pockets of my laptop bag. The flight from Detroit to Atlanta was fine.

I'm in Atlanta for my hostile environment training, the course is being done at a retreat type place with a bunch of living cabins and a main cabin for the course I guess. It's located an hour out of Atlanta. The living conditions are pretty tough, there's a fireplace in my room, a king size bed and oh yeah a jacuzzi...some how I don't think these will be the type of cabins we're given in Afghanistan.

We get briefed tonight on what to expect for the rest of the week. The set-up is pretty interesting; we being trained by Englishmen in hostile environments in a US retreat and the students are a bunch of Canadians.

It's going to be an interesting week.

1 comment:

  1. If there is skinny Brit named Pete stands about 5'4, don't under estimate him, he could kill you in nanosecond.

    How may pairs of shoes did you bring?

    ReplyDelete